Original Delivered Questionnaire

At the junction of the A4 and Park Lane. Discuss it here....
afslade

Original Delivered Questionnaire

Postby afslade » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Anyone out there..?
Have a question relating to the delivered Questionnaires to every household in Cherhill...
How many were actually delivered (i.e. how many households are there in Cherhill)
One for you John..!

johncav

Re: Original Delivered Questionnaire

Postby johncav » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Alan, it's good to see the Forum coming to life again...

I'm reliably informed that there are about 240 houses in Cherhill and every household received a copy of the questionnaire; we didn't number or count them out, we just made sure every house got one. Responses were not restricted to one per household - anyone who wanted to complete it could do so and extra copies of the questionnaire could be downloaded online. It was also available for completion on our website.

Hope that helps

afslade

Postby afslade » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Coming to life again... I think it is pretty much dead and buried..!
Having said that I suppose it served a purpose, of sorts...

I suspect your informant is the same as mine, if not then I am getting a similar figure of around the 240 mark, depending on the boundary used.

I read with interest the Preliminary Access Report (Mar 15) and now it has been decided that Park Lane field is to be the new home for the village hall, wondered when you intend to move forward from a 'preliminary' stage report and commission a 'proper' fully detailed and comprehensive report on what is really needed for Park Lane to provide safe access and exit for both its immediate residents and its new village hall.

johncav

Postby johncav » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:48 am

Highways England and the Highways Department of Wiltshire County Council are amongst the dozens of external agencies that we are currently consulting. Any advice they offer, or restrictions they impose, will inform the proposal that we submit as part of the CRtBO process. Progression from the indicative nature of the Access Report towards a more specific analysis and plan of action is best left until any conditions and constraints are known. In the meantime, any good ideas or constructive suggestions you may have are always welcome.

afslade

Postby afslade » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

I am not sure where this "more specific analysis and plan of action" is going to come from, more importantly that it is all being left "until any conditions and constraints are known", where are they coming from..?

So if you are in consultation with dozens of external agencies and you are responding to their advice and directives then what was the purpose of commissioning that Preliminary Access Report? Are you suggesting that the report reflects all the advice and directives given so far and therefore ticks a CRtBO box...

It seems that such a fundamental issue as site access is being taken as a given and something that can be dealt with in the fullness of time. I am not sure how often you use Park Lane as a motorist or a pedestrian, but I suggest you pop up there one day and I'll give you a short guided tour of what it is like today and then we can surmise what it might be like when traffic movement is doubled.

Here's a constructive suggestion and I am serious... Take a walk along the lane and I'll drive down at 20mph and see where you have to step to avoid me (I'll spare you the tractor...), then we can try it again when its dark...

johncav

Postby johncav » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Your concerns are fully understood but please be assured that consultations about traffic and safety will be very thorough with the relevant professionals and regulatory bodies.

afslade

Postby afslade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

It appears that the Original Delivered Questionnaire subtopic has mysteriously disappeared from the forum... Perhaps you could kindly investigate and reinstate in order that we may continue with this interesting subject matter

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:17 am

ADMIN: You are posting in that subtopic, it has not disappeared. If you look at your private messages you will see that you were informed yesterday that the topic had been moved to 'The Site', a more appropriate setting given the subject matter.

afslade

Postby afslade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 am

Correction... There are 2 old messages in my Private Messages Box only, if a new message was placed there yesterday then your system is either not working or the private message box was not updated at user login. I did not see it because it did not appear

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:10 am

Admin: I've no idea why you didn't get that message but I've sent another test message just to make sure the system is working. I can only apologise that you didn't receive the original.

Return to “The Site”