First Funding Received

How will the money be raised? Ideas welcome...
johncav

First Funding Received

Postby johncav » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:36 am

Full details click HERE

Liz

Re: First Funding Received

Postby Liz » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Well done to those involved

Hilly

Postby Hilly » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Fantastic - well done all

Simont

Postby Simont » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:08 am

It was particularly encouraging to hear how supportive the Area Board are for our project. They know the village and hall well and understand its problems. They are very keen to help villages improve their amenities and support local initiatives.

cherhillres

Postby cherhillres » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:41 pm

[quote="Simont"]It was particularly encouraging to hear how supportive the Area Board are for our project. '

This comment is misleading and as someone who was at the Area Board and spoke to the Councillors present I do not believe this was the case.The grant was awarded because a 'tick box exercise' on funding criteria was done and a village hall review project ticked this box. Furthermore I was told Councillors were under pressure to spend this money locally on projects as it was the end of the financial year and otherwise those funds may be lost ('use it or lose it'). The site was not specified on the grant application and the Councillors were not saying they were supportive in any way of building on the green field on Park Lane.

leah11

Postby leah11 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:01 pm

I was also at the Meeting, and can endorse what cherhillres has stated.

concerned resident

Postby concerned resident » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:03 pm

cherhillres wrote:
Simont wrote:It was particularly encouraging to hear how supportive the Area Board are for our project. '

This comment is misleading and as someone who was at the Area Board and spoke to the Councillors present I do not believe this was the case.The grant was awarded because a 'tick box exercise' on funding criteria was done and a village hall review project ticked this box. Furthermore I was told Councillors were under pressure to spend this money locally on projects as it was the end of the financial year and otherwise those funds may be lost ('use it or lose it'). The site was not specified on the grant application and the Councillors were not saying they were supportive in any way of building on the green field on Park Lane.

I was also at the Area Board meeting and would agree with the comments made by Cherhillres that the funds were in a "use it or lose it" situation.

Simont

Postby Simont » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:20 pm

I was also at the meeting and agree that some of the projects were there to use up funds but not all. There were many very worthwhile grants awarded including for toddler facilities on the Tommy Croker field. The support of councillors was genuine. As you are know they were fully aware of the gifted site and its location. In that and other situations Councillors are keen to support local communities in their efforts to improve local facilities.

cherhillres

Postby cherhillres » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:57 pm

My point is still correct. You are implying the Councillors were supportive of the site, but actually the site was not a consideration in you being granted funds.

Simont

Postby Simont » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:42 am

I'm not saying they were supportive of the site but that they were aware of it. As you say they were primarily supporting the project to build a new hall wherever it might be built.

Return to “Fund-raising”