Update on Site Options

At the junction of the A4 and Park Lane. Discuss it here....
afslade
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Update on Site Options

Postby afslade » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:26 pm

You must have known right from the start of this project that there would be opposition in some way, shape or form; a number of residents, some vocal others maybe not so, who would not fully understand the reasoning to build a new village hall with a 30 space car park on the edge of the village in an AONB. So in truth you must have recognized the whole project would always be both sensitive, objectionable (and controversial..!), and you would therefore need to be totally upfront, honest and transparent.

So for the first time you are putting a mechanical digger into the field and digging three trenches..!
Without prior warning or explanation I would certainly consider that objectionable (I don't recall using the word "controversial"). Do you honestly believe that everyone with an active interest in the goings on in that field would just drive or walk past such an activity without being affected in some way..?

How difficult was it for you to have put something in the December 2016 Update about your followup intentions to the inconclusive Geophysics Survey of January 2016..?

afslade
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Update on Site Options

Postby afslade » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Clearly you consider my last post unworthy of a response...

You commission a Geophysical Survey to be done in January 2016 (the middle of winter). Park Lane is prone to flooding and therefore highly likely that the adjacent field would be sodden. You are then instructed by the County Archaeologist (quite some time ago) to dig three trial trenches, you then choose to start this work in February 2017 (the middle of winter, again). Good luck for tomorrow..!

Another question: In the event that the Referendum returns a no build majority can you assure the electorate that you will abide by their decision and accept that the Park Lane field will not be developed and be returned to its existing owners. If it is not your intention to accept their decision then perhaps you should make clear what your future intentions for the Park Lane field will be.

Simont
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Update on Site Options

Postby Simont » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:17 pm

I hope that everyone will accept the decision of the referendum, whichever way it goes.


Return to “The Site”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron