Surveying the proposed site

Don't rely on rumours and hearsay - ask here and the Steering Group will give you the facts.
leah11

Surveying the proposed site

Postby leah11 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:53 pm

In February 2010, the field in question was being surveyed. I would be very interested why this was being done. Perhaps you could ask Mr. Ainslie?

johncav

Re: Surveying the proposed site

Postby johncav » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:09 pm

I have no idea what was taking place or why. I can, however, be absolutely confident that it was nothing to do with the current New Village Hall Project as that only began in November 2014, following Mr Ainslie's donation offer in October 2014.

John Cavanagh

leah11

Postby leah11 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:45 am

:)

concerned resident

Postby concerned resident » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 am

johncav wrote:I have no idea what was taking place or why. I can, however, be absolutely confident that it was nothing to do with the current New Village Hall Project as that only began in November 2014, following Mr Ainslie's donation offer in October 2014.

John Cavanagh

Another reason for the residents of Park Lane to be offended at the way this situation has been handled - you knew about the offer of the land back in October 2014 and yet failed to inform some of us until the night before the questionnaires were going to be delivered. As I have said many times the Steering Group definitely wanted to keep this a secret from the people who the proposed development will affect the most and I just wonder why!!!!!

afslade

Postby afslade » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 pm

johncav wrote:
I have no idea what was taking place or why. I can, however, be absolutely confident that it was nothing to do with the current New Village Hall Project as that only began in November 2014, following Mr Ainslie's donation offer in October 2014.

John Cavanagh

I don't believe any reference was made to the New Village Hall so your response appears a tad defensive and clearly doesn't answer the question. Was there a Feb '10 survey of this field (or not..?) and if so, why was it done and what were the findings..?

Such a survey would provide valuable information to the steering group on the considerations, possibilities and practicalities of any future development of the Park Lane field and save considerable additional time, effort and money in the process. I cannot believe that such a relevant document would not form part of the package offered by Mr Ainslie in Oct '14

johncav

Postby johncav » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Was there a Feb '10 survey of this field (or not..?)

I cannot be plainer than this...I do not know.

afslade

Postby afslade » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Clearly you don't John...
But it was a general question to all, I wasn't just asking only you
Does anyone know..?

johncav

Postby johncav » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:45 pm

I know that nobody on the Steering Group can answer your question and last night I asked David Evans, current Chair of the Village Hall Committee, and he couldn't shed any light either.

afslade

Postby afslade » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks for that... Surprised if Ainslie was unaware of such a survey, considering he owns the land
If I find out who commissioned it then I will let you know, it may turn up some useful information.

Assuming one was done, of course..!

Return to “Fact Checker”