Is this a consultation?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is this a consultation?

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Mich, We're done our best to steer people onto the Forum but I think there are some posters who prefer to use Facebook as a platform for their views rather than engage in discussions here.

Rgds

JC

afslade

Postby afslade » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:59 am

Must say that it has for some time felt that nobody was really using the forum, on a number of occasions some quite interesting subject matter seemed to die an abrupt death... I guess if you believe that no one is engaging then what is the point in talking to yourself. I learned only this week that evidently all the interesting stuff was on Facebook even members of the steering group are involved, I am not a social media person but in some respects I can understand why... Ease of use, speed and you actually know who you are talking to... (still not good enough reason for me to join).

Why on a forum is it necessary to be anonymous... Certainly any comments I choose to make are in my opinion honest and truthful, there is nothing I would say on a forum that I wouldn't say to anyone's face...

johncav

Postby johncav » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:28 am

afslade wrote:I learned only this week that evidently all the interesting stuff was on Facebook even members of the steering group are involved

I wouldn't say you're missing any interesting stuff Alan, Facebook suits the short attention span/shoot from the hip sort of conversation rather than the considered debate that is possible on a forum. You won't find anything there that isn't available on our website. I'm no fan of social media either, but sadly it's an ingrained part of modern life: it's most people's first port of call when they're looking for information. So, as a steering group committed to consultation, and if we're looking to engage and inform, we need to hold our noses and jump in....!

Rgds

John

Return to “A New Village Hall for Cherhill?”