Is this a consultation?

Simont

Re: Is this a consultation?

Postby Simont » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:48 pm

cherhillres wrote:
You keep on about building a village hall for the future generations how about leaving some green belt for them too.

As I write this I'm imagining the replies that I'm being complacent etc but people who think that the countryside is about to be covered in concrete don't understand the statistics. Currently just 2.3% of England is built on. And that includes roads, etc. So future generations will have 97.7% of the land left for them. I don't think that's too bad. And if you think I'm being selective by just quoting England, if we take the UK as a whole the developed area is 1.5%.

You may rightly say that this is different because its an AONB. The whole of Marlborough, for example, is in the AONB. That doesn't mean it can't be developed. It just means it has to be done sensitively.

Why is the developed area so low? Its because we have strict planning rules. The new hall plans will either be accepted because they meet the rules or rejected because they don't. I think we need to trust the planners.

cherhillres

Postby cherhillres » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:10 pm

"Why is the developed area so low? Its because we have strict planning rules. The new hall plans will either be accepted because they meet the rules or rejected because they don't. I think we need to trust the planners.[/quote]" from Simont

I've seen lots of news reports lately regarding the need for Strategic Housing in our area. Wiltshire Council are asking for landowners to come forward with land for strategic housing. If a hall is built on the field off Park Lane, the village boundary extended accordingly and larger road infrastructure into the field and changing Park Lane into a widened road (rather than narrow rural lane), what will stop them building on the rest of the fields there that Mr Ainslie owns? The precedent will have been set by a building going on this land and the landscape we currently enjoy already sacrificed.

Do you really believe the Ainslie family are just donating this out of the goodness of their hearts? They have previously developed their land elsewhere for housing and I can't help but think this is just part of a longer term plan to earn a huge sum. I think we are not just looking at a Hall here, we are talking about extending the village into the unknown. There's a map on this forum showing the massive area of land owned by the Ainslie family.

concerned resident

Postby concerned resident » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 am

cherhillres wrote:"Why is the developed area so low? Its because we have strict planning rules. The new hall plans will either be accepted because they meet the rules or rejected because they don't. I think we need to trust the planners.
" from Simont

I've seen lots of news reports lately regarding the need for Strategic Housing in our area. Wiltshire Council are asking for landowners to come forward with land for strategic housing. If a hall is built on the field off Park Lane, the village boundary extended accordingly and larger road infrastructure into the field and changing Park Lane into a widened road (rather than narrow rural lane), what will stop them building on the rest of the fields there that Mr Ainslie owns? The precedent will have been set by a building going on this land and the landscape we currently enjoy already sacrificed.

Do you really believe the Ainslie family are just donating this out of the goodness of their hearts? They have previously developed their land elsewhere for housing and I can't help but think this is just part of a longer term plan to earn a huge sum. I think we are not just looking at a Hall here, we are talking about extending the village into the unknown. There's a map on this forum showing the massive area of land owned by the Ainslie family.[/quote]

Could not agree more with these sentiments - what I would like to know is why any 'Villagers' want this proposed building, huge car park and road widening in a small village. All the amenities that have so far been mentioned for the proposed hall are obtainable in the local vicinity so why jeopardise losing a nice village community for the sake of a few. If this is what some people want then surely they should of moved to a 'town' not a small village.

Simont

Postby Simont » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

This project will not go ahead unless it has the majority support of people who live in the village so if the majority agree with you it will not go ahead. I and others are only progressing this because we believe there is strong support but it is only when we come to vote that we will know.

Lots of people enjoy living in the village because it still offers a strong community spirit partly thanks to having a thriving hall.

On the subject of housing development it is true that the Council are seeking approaches from developers and communities to identify strategic sites for development. If you have been following this you will know that a specific list of locations has been published where they would like to receive proposals. Cherhill is not on that list.

whitehorse

Postby whitehorse » Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 am

Will your proposed plans for the field in Park Lane be put out for consultation with villagers? A vote has been mentioned. How do you envisage the process for this?

Hopefully it will contain factual and detailed information and not be like your last questionnaire which omitted details like the site location?

leah11

Postby leah11 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:37 am

"On the subject of housing development it is true that the Council are seeking approaches from developers and communities to identify strategic sites for development. If you have been following this you will know that a specific list of locations has been published where they would like to receive proposals. Cherhill is not on that list."

To this, I would say "not at the moment". But once this land is breached, you open the flood gates. If that is what you want to see when approaching Cherhill, at least go into it with your eyes open. Hopefully you will be able to keep your eyes to the "left", while avoiding the "right"?

whitehorse

Postby whitehorse » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 pm

I see that you are now approaching small groups that use the village hall for private meetings in order to address 'misconceptions' and ' some reservations' members might have about the Park Lane site. Surely if you are discussing this, it should be another public meeting that is free for all the attend?

concerned resident

Postby concerned resident » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 pm

whitehorse wrote:I see that you are now approaching small groups that use the village hall for private meetings in order to address 'misconceptions' and ' some reservations' members might have about the Park Lane site. Surely if you are discussing this, it should be another public meeting that is free for all the attend?

I'll second that !!!!!

johncav

Postby johncav » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:53 pm

whitehorse wrote:I see that you are now approaching small groups that use the village hall for private meetings in order to address 'misconceptions' and ' some reservations' members might have about the Park Lane site. Surely if you are discussing this, it should be another public meeting that is free for all the attend?

I don't believe that any of these meetings are 'private', we are simply hoping to use pre-planned gatherings to discuss the project with the current hall's users. Please feel free to come along and join the debate - I shall be chatting to the Oldbury Wednesday Club this week at about 11am and I'm sure you'd be made very welcome. Let me know if you'd like to attend and I'll inform the organisers.

You have also mentioned that you have a letter which was sent to landowners about obtaining alternative sites. Can I repeat my request for a copy of the letter? I've sent you a personal message as well to back up my previous requests.

Best Wishes

John

whitehorse

Postby whitehorse » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:39 pm

I have responded to the private message you sent me about this through the forum. Please check your private message section and I will also attempt to forward this message to your external email address.

Return to “A New Village Hall for Cherhill?”